We strive to be the heart of a thriving neighborhood where all people are valued and become deeply committed followers of Jesus Christ.
Sedgefield United Methodist Church was originally named St. Paul Methodist Church. It was established in 1948 with 125 charter members. The current sanctuary building was built in 1957 with the Educational Building completed in 1961.
The name change to Sedgefield United Methodist Church happened in 2013 in order to identify closely with the surrounding neighborhood.
(Why do we exist?)
To make disciples for Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
OUR CORE VALUES
(How do we behave?)
From John Wesley’s “Three General Rules” ~ Do No Harm ~ Do Good ~ Stay In Love With God.
Sedgefield United Methodist Church is part of a connectional system of churches ~ SUMC is part of The Western North Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church ~ The WNCCC includes about 1150 churches and is divided into 8 districts ~ We are one of 134 United Methodist churches in the Metro District